Sunday, June 13, 2021

New Johnny Dixon Novels Coming

 

For followers of the John Belliars series of mystery books for young readers, Author Brad Stickland posted this message on the John Belliars Facebook page:

"Know all ye who enjoy mysteries: I have been asked to write some new Johnny Dixon novels. I'm about 40% through a first draft of the first novel, provisionally titled THE MAN WHO SUMMONED SHADOWS. I think I'm getting comfortable in good old Duston Heights once more. I'll do my best, my friends, so wish me luck.

(The artwork is by me, trying to imitate a certain great illustrator's traditional crosshatching)"

Brad Strickland is of course referring to Edward Gorey whose artwork graced 22 books in the Bellairs/Strickland series. Mr. Stickland was chosen to continue the popular book series after John Belliars passing.

 

No comments: