Sunday, January 10, 2016

Edward Gorey Originals At Auction


If it is January, it is time for the now annual Illustration Art auction at Swann Auction Galleries in New York City. This year, there are eleven original pieces of art by Edward Gorey being offered at the January 28th sale.

Selections being offered range from an early Anchor paperback cover to pieces from the 1980's and '90's.  The star of the proceedings is undoubtedly Haunted New Orleans, a spooky full page illustration published in the June 1961 edition of Holiday Magazine.

To view the pieces being offered, go HERE.


2 comments:

LDahl said...

Your blog is a treasure, you have pieces I've never seen before. Thank you for your hard work and dedication! Well done.

Drew Watts said...

I am so pleased that you attended this Auction. I also purchased the passes for this expo but due to some urgent events at Chicago wedding venues I had to cancel the plan. So I gave the passes to my friends.