Monday, April 9, 2012

Edward Gorey on Anitques Roadshow

This evening's installment of Antiques Roadshow on PBS featured a collection of Edward Gorey items. The immensely popular appraisal show was taped in El Paso Texas on June 8, 2011 (each season is taped the preceding summer). The items shown included limited edition books, a theatrical poster and a hand made Figbash doll. Book dealer Ken Sanders conducted the appraisal. It was nice to see a lovely display of Gorey items being featured.

To see more about this appraisal, go to PBS.org.

4 comments:

Drummond said...

Nice to see the collection, but the valuations seemed a bit unrealistic.

ampootozote said...

I have been describing the valuation as "optimistic". It is nice, however, to see Gorey's pieces featured on this very popular show.

Krab said...

I have all of those and I'd be happy to sell them for $5000! heh. I wish that collector had had some original artwork--I have a couple pieces I'd love values for.

ampootozote said...

You can email me and we can discuss your art if you wish. ampootozote@aol.com